We shared ActiveInbox 6 nearly 2 months ago (during which time we’ve been beavering away with the obvious improvements to make), but now it would be really great if you could help us prioritise what we do next.
Specifically, is there a reason why ActiveInbox 6 is frustrating you? Before we enhance what it can do, let’s cure the pain…
Please take the survey, or do the quick version by clicking a choice below:
- I just need more time & tutorials to get used to it
- I need to see multiple task lists above my Inbox simultaneously (e.g. both Today & Waiting On, like the old ‘Radar’)
- The Sub Tasks & Notes in the right-hand column in the conversation view conflicts with other tools I use
- I want a better overview of all the tasks to be done, at all times
- I want to be able to hide the Inbox while I’m completing tasks
- I don’t want it to automatically remove things from the Inbox (when I give emails a due-date/status/project)
- I miss easy access to ActiveInbox buttons when I’m replying to a conversation
- The hovering Action Bar in the Inbox is really intrusive/annoying
- It uses too much visual space
- The sidebar is too messy to use
- I can’t sort my task lists as well I used to with AIB5
Have you not met ActiveInbox 6 properly yet?
It wants to introduce itself…
In the last week we’ve also made a video to introduce ActiveInbox 6, as this is one of the things we could have done better. (If I’m embarrassingly candid, I hoped it was such a big improvement that it would be self-explanatory, but that was very naive of me).
Also, if there’s one thing I really want to apologise for, it’s that ActiveInbox 6 accidentally turned itself on automatically on the first day we released it. This was a tiny oversight in the code (we left a ‘1’ rather than a ‘0’) with an outsize impact… It really wasn’t the intention, and it distressed you. Rest assured, ActiveInbox 5 (aka Classic) isn’t going anywhere while anyone still uses it.
Oh, and the video is my (Andy’s) voice, so I’m a little anxious about sharing it. We’ll hopefully get it re-dubbed soon!
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by AndyM