To turn an email into a task, just give your email a status (and/or a due date). There are two default statuses:
- 'Action', which means "for me to do"
- 'Waiting On' which means "I must wait on something else before I continue"
Note: ActiveInbox doesn't create separate tasks (which would duplicate the number of things you have to track). Instead, the email conversation becomes the task. Adding a status is effectively just adding intelligent post-it notes to your emails!
- It's best to think of Statuses as post it notes on your desk. They are there to remind you about things which have to be followed up.
- You might need to send a reply to someone, or add a quote, or answer a question in an email - you want to 'Action' it because it's urgent.
- You might need more information before you can answer an email or you may need information from someone else (a price from a supplier or a timescale for a piece of equipment) before you can reply to an email so you mark it as 'Waiting On'.
- You may have emails that come in that do need some reply but it's not urgent. You can mark those emails as 'Someday' if you add it as a status button (see above).